Sunday, April 18, 2010

long days...

Sam and I had another patient the other day. It was our first SOAP, as he stayed at the hospital. He was a warmblood, presenting for colic. I was able to place his jugular catheter as well as the nasogastric tube - but he was so tall that I was on my tippy toes for part of it!! Sam was so sweet in letting me pass the tube. She's one of the nicest equine people I know - she's always letting me do things so I can learn since she's done a lot of it before, and I definitely appreciate that.

We ended up getting sent home early Friday night because there were 4 or 5 Columbus State tech students and not a lot of in-house patients so they were able to take care of all of the treatments themselves.

The hardest part of this rotation has been adjusting to this time schedule. I'm working 8am-8pm today and then am on midnight to 8am the rest of the week... I'm sleep already!

No comments:

Post a Comment